Monday, November 20, 2006

Jonnie and the Monster Trucks














This past Saturday I found myself at a monster-truck event in the Olympic Stadium in Montreal. I have never in my life been brought me so close to being deaf and mute. The booming explosions and screaming motors had me cheering hard and almost left my ears bleeding, but the night also gave me an interesting look into the lives of motor-heads and got me thinking again about how personal dreams really are to people. These men and women have worked their whole lives to build and destroy cars. The bigger, faster, and more intense they can make them, the better they can break'em. While I disagree with how much they waste getting it all done, I respect that sort of dedication to a cause. It's the only way to get the job done right. Even though it's not on my list right now, who knows? Maybe one day I'll find myself at the wheel of Gravedigger smashing buses and making kids cry. Maybe.
-Jonnie

2 Comments:

Blogger JOSHUA S BLACK said...

Okay, why all this fuss about dying? Okay, silly question. Well, not really. Come on, think about it: how come no one wants to die? We all do it. Not one of us will escape death. Each and everyone of us will eventually become part of the ultimate statistic--ten out of ten people die.

Why do people die? Medically, there is no real reason for us to die: I mean, we all have replicating cells that replenish and remake themselves time after time. Our bodies are designed to last forever. But they don't. In fact, mutations in our genes destroy our cells and their ability to replicate properly. Mutations such as cancer. Viruses, bacteria, and other parasitic "life forms" destroy us once they gain entrance. Why?

Well, the Bible says that it's because of sin. Yep, that's right, I said it: sin. Breaking God's Law. We all do it. Therefore we all die. And the ones who don't get to do it, usually get sinned against before they can really do anything about it. And the rest of them have to endure the consequences of trying to develop in a fallen, dying world.

This is only a glimpse of the consequences that come from rejecting God. God would gladly bless us, but He is so good, that He must punish all sin. Yes, even down to every idle word we say. Are you ready for Judgment Day?

9:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a waste, poor buses.

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home